function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
P_TP_T 

Connector for Lotus Notes with 8.5.x and Windows 7 32bit

Is anyone successfully using this combo?

If I install connector 3.5.4.12 (latest on SFDC) then Notes (specifically notes2.exe) just starts / stops / starts / stops ... in an endless cycle until I uninstall Connector - then everything is fine...

Just updates to Notes 8.5.1 FP 2 and still get the same situation.

Any help is appreciated.

P_T

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
P_TP_T

I just found late last week the fix but hadn't had a chance to post until now.

I found that I needed to do this...

1.  Locate the plugin_customization.ini file in your Lotus Notes installation directory(by default, C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\framework\rcp).
  2. Add the following setting:com.ibm.rcp.security.update/TRUST_CERTIFICATE_AUTHORITIES=true.

Its from the Help page on SFDC desktop connector 

Administering Connect for Lotus Notes

Worked fine after that.

Weird thing is, a problem came back that I hadn't realized was directly connected to the Notes connector.

When I was running Notes 8.x on Windows XP with connector - anytime I sent a note (with check spelling before sending) and tried to cancel the spell check - Notes crashed.

That went away with Notes 8.5.1 on Windows 7.... until I just got connector successfully installed again... now its back.

And its 100% repeatable as it was on XP... with different rev's of Notes... so its not the OS... its doesn't appear to be notes (didn't happen when connector not installed) - only happens with connector...

Thanks for offering help...

All Answers

prathap raoprathap rao

Leave Your ID i will mail you the process I documented a few days ago 

P_T wrote:

Is anyone successfully using this combo?

If I install connector 3.5.4.12 (latest on SFDC) then Notes (specifically notes2.exe) just starts / stops / starts / stops ... in an endless cycle until I uninstall Connector - then everything is fine...

Just updates to Notes 8.5.1 FP 2 and still get the same situation.

Any help is appreciated.

P_T

P_TP_T

I just found late last week the fix but hadn't had a chance to post until now.

I found that I needed to do this...

1.  Locate the plugin_customization.ini file in your Lotus Notes installation directory(by default, C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\framework\rcp).
  2. Add the following setting:com.ibm.rcp.security.update/TRUST_CERTIFICATE_AUTHORITIES=true.

Its from the Help page on SFDC desktop connector 

Administering Connect for Lotus Notes

Worked fine after that.

Weird thing is, a problem came back that I hadn't realized was directly connected to the Notes connector.

When I was running Notes 8.x on Windows XP with connector - anytime I sent a note (with check spelling before sending) and tried to cancel the spell check - Notes crashed.

That went away with Notes 8.5.1 on Windows 7.... until I just got connector successfully installed again... now its back.

And its 100% repeatable as it was on XP... with different rev's of Notes... so its not the OS... its doesn't appear to be notes (didn't happen when connector not installed) - only happens with connector...

Thanks for offering help...

This was selected as the best answer
LP360LP360

For a more advanced, stable and proven solution, take a look at the LinkPoint Connect Lotus Notes Edition.

• LinkPoint Connect has been providing Lotus Notes integration for Salesforce.com for over 7 years to thousands of Salesforce.com's Enteprise and Global Customers.
  • LinkPoint has always supported all versions of Lotus Notes including 8.5.x, even as soon as they are released by Lotus.
  • LinkPoint Connect can be installed individually on the desktop, distributed via software distribution tool, or even in a Citrix / Terminal Server environment.
  • LinkPoint Supports Windows 7, 32bit and 64bit.

Most importantly, we can answer any Lotus Notes questions you may have!

For more information, check out our website:
http://www.linkpoint360.com/ConnectOverview.aspx

Geo8944Geo8944

This problem just cropped up for me about 6 weeks ago.  The confiuration file mentioned above already had the line inserted and it still hangs during sync.  

Interesting enough I have the spell check / Lotus Notes crash problem as well.  I'm using Windows 7 Professional and Notes 8.5.  I guess I need to keep searching!

LP360LP360

For a more advanced, stable and proven solution, take a look at the LinkPoint Connect Lotus Notes Edition. Many Salesforce customers are switching back to our solution because it does work with all configurations of windows and lotus notes. 

Most importantly, we can answer any Lotus Notes questions you may have!

For more information, check out our website:
http://www.linkpoint360.com/ConnectOverview.aspx

LinkPoint Sales

732-212-8401

Geo8944Geo8944

Dear LP360 -   I can't speak for others but I find your posts extremely annoying.   They are nothing but a free advertisement for your company and add zero value.   I'm in Sales myself and I have found a reply with 90% on-point content and 10% sales pitch goes a long way to building a selling relationship.

If anyone can tell me how to block this guy, I would appreciate knowing.

Have a good day!

George

LP360LP360

Dear George,

I have no problem in taking your feedback. I won't post against this anymore, however, we are getting several lotus notes clients each month from salesforce switching back to our solution because it works. Good luck with resolving the issue.