function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KevinS.ax785KevinS.ax785 

Lotus Notes integration

Hi all,

I have been testing the SF plugin for Notes 8.5(.1) already for several weeks.

I have found the following:

it will only install properly if you adjust the plugin_customization.ini in the framework rcp folder and add the below line

com.ibm.rcp.security.update/TRUST_CERTIFICATE_AUTHORITIES=true 

This is offcourse due to the default security settings. I was told by SF that we needed to create a policy to circumvent this, which I have now done today.

I have created a new security settings document and adjustd the 'Signed plug-ins' section. I have adjusted the 'Installation of plug-ins signed by an unrecognized entity: ' to Always install, but when trying to install the plugin is fails to integrate with notes.

How do you guys roll this out in your company? I mean off course without creating a separate install package for it,since that is just a lazy workaround. This should be manageable via Policy centrally

Hoping on a good response

K.

LP360LP360

Kevin,

I don't believe the SF Plugin for Notes supports all the versions of Lotus Notes. Many of their customers continue to use the LinkPoint Lotus Notes integration because they know that the LinkPoint will continue to support all Lotus Notes versions as well as being able to provide the necessary support when needed. LinkPoint has been providing Salesforce and Lotus Notes integration since 2003 and continues to have thousands of users globally. For more information, take a look at our website http://www.linkpoint360.com/ConnectOverview.aspx and you will find documents and other information about the Lotus Notes integration for Salesforce.

Glenn

KevinS.ax785KevinS.ax785

Hi Glenn,

Nice of you to you reply, but really does not help me solving my issue here.

LP360LP360

Hi Kevin,

It doesn't, however, I hear from customers who have tried their connector and they have too many issues that can't be resolved nor can they support it well. Most of them say that for the time and effort they wasted trying to get it working, they should of used LinkPoint from the begining.

Glenn

KevinS.ax785KevinS.ax785

Hi Glenn,

upon closer inspection the option you are providing is not a plugin but just a customized mailtemplate?

LP360LP360

its not a plugin, but it can be used by either 4 local agents in the users mail database or 4 action scripts added to an existing or customized mail template.

KevinS.ax785KevinS.ax785

Thanks for the info, but really not interested in it. I rather get the original plugin working then adding your solution

KevinS.ax785KevinS.ax785

Could it be that nobody has real experience in deploying the plugin on a global level?

I really would like to hear from you guys, how you managed the deployment in your company, I mean you can just point your users to the SF website and expect it ti work for everyone, there is still that adjustment needed to plugin_customization.ini

ajbarickmanajbarickman

I am in the same boat that you are. I need to provide a way to roll this out to a large number of people. I am hoping to use a packager of some sort but don't know where to start. 

Have you been able to make any progress on this?

LP360LP360

The LinkPoint Lotus Notes integration for salesforce.com is being used the largest enterprise organizations globally. We understand the Lotus Notes infrastructure, common software delivery methods and crm integrations, and provide the best methods on how to sucessfully implement our software. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact us. We can be found at www.LinkPoint360.com.

KevinSSKevinSS

Hi,

After contact Tier3 support at SF it was not to be considered a flaw, but rather by design.

Basically it's a known issue, where you will have to find your own solution to circumvent it.

I basically solved it by scripting the needed customization into a vbs, and meanwhile copying a custom L_Dictionary.xml to the target pc.

All this means off course you cannot just point your users to the SF website, they will need to get the custom package from you.

ajbarickmanajbarickman

You can be my best friend if you can share the vbs with me. :smileywink: If this is not possible I understand.

KevinSSKevinSS

I used the below vbs, you might want to amend the different install paths if it varies in your environment

(I had to edit it since all the break lines were removed while pasting, so beware of any errors, also got notified it contained invalid html, not sure if anything was removed...)

Option Explicit

'On Error Resume Next

Const ForAppending = 8

Dim strComputer, strRCP, strKeyPath, strValueName, strDir

Dim oReg

Dim objFSO, objFileDim objShell, objFileCopy

set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
'----------------------- Detecting Notes installdir -----------------------------------------------
If objFSO.FolderExists("C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\framework\rcp\") Then

strDir = "C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Notes\"

end if
If objFSO.FolderExists("C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes\framework\rcp\") Then

strDir = "C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes\"

end if
If objFSO.FolderExists("C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Notes\framework\rcp\") Then

strDir = "C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Lotus\Notes\"

end if
If objFSO.FolderExists("C:\Program Files (x86)\Lotus\Notes\framework\rcp\") Then

strDir = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lotus\Notes\"

end if
strRCP = strDir & "framework\rcp\plugin_customization.ini"

set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(strRCP, ForAppending, True)
'----------------------- Appending line to plugin_customization.ini -------------------------------
objFile.WriteLine("com.ibm.rcp.security.update/TRUST_CERTIFICATE_AUTHORITIES=true")

objFile.Close
'----------------------- Running SalesForce plugin ------------------------------------------------ 

objShell.Run "msiexec.exe /q ALLUSERS=2 /i SF.msi /norestart /qn", 0, true
'----------------------- Copying customized dictionary --------------------------------------------
msgbox "Plugin has been installed." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Please wait for the Notes splash screen to close before starting Notes again."
WScript.Sleep(10000)

Set objFileCopy = objFSO.GetFile("L_Dictionary.xml")

objFileCopy.Copy (strDir)

ajbarickmanajbarickman

This is great. You saved me a lot of time. 

Thanks!