function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
deshawdeshaw 

How to use visualforce page in read-only mode (removing the dev-part from it)

I have a visualforce page..
I want to reference the page in the read-only mode or normal mode without the dev part associated with it?

Could anyone help on this?

Thanks,
Manickkam.
Jon Mountjoy_Jon Mountjoy_
It sounds like you have Development Mode enabled, and that you want to disable it?

Go to Setup/My Personal Information/Personal Information and then click Edit. There you'll find the Development Mode checkbox.

Regards,
Jon
deshawdeshaw
Not really..
I have a visualforce page created by me. I want it to be a pop-up window.
Say., the page is /apex/testPage. If I give widow.open('apex/testPage'), the visualforce page is opened in the devmode.

Having the development mode enabled, is there any way to open the page in non-development mode?
Also, how to reference a apex page. (To rephrase, how to use the apex page?)

There is a button called 'Where is this used?' in the Pages. I am not able to find a way to use the apex page. When I use window.open as said above, it doesn't come under the 'Where is this used?' link?

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks,
Manickkam.
Jon Mountjoy_Jon Mountjoy_
Hi

You can use the page in all sorts of ways. For example, if you go to Setup/Create/Tabs you can make a Visualforce the source for a new tab in your application.

You can also reference it from within Apex, for example, from within a controller. So for example you can have a Visualforce page have a button, which if you push it, it makes a call to the controller which does some processing and then forwards the user to a different Visualforce page.

See the newOpportunityController class in the Visualforce documentation for an example of this.

Hope this helps!
Jon