function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mr209204mr209204 

Visual Force DynamicEditPage

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/Visualforce_DynamicEditPage

The example given is using a drop down menu as an example. Is the same possible with a check box? and what is the difference in code between the drop down and check box? Is there any other information that I must provide to further help answer my question?
mr209204mr209204
So I changed the drop down into a check box. The problem is I get this Error: Incorrect parameter for funtion =(). Expected Boorlean, received Text.

Is the problem here? (the spce between apex: and page was added so the smilie wouldn't show.)

<apex: pageBlockSection title="Closed Lost Information" columns="1"
                        rendered="{!opportunity.testBox__c == 'true'}">

Message Edited by mr209204 on 07-17-2008 04:19 PM

Message Edited by mr209204 on 07-17-2008 04:19 PM
TehNrdTehNrd
Try this:

<apex: pageBlockSection title="Closed Lost Information" columns="1" rendered="{!opportunity.testBox__c == true}">

Or simpler:

<apex: pageBlockSection title="Closed Lost Information" columns="1" rendered="{!opportunity.testBox__c}">

Message Edited by TehNrd on 07-17-2008 04:49 PM
mr209204mr209204
Also if I wanted to add fields from other Objects I'm assuming a standardController will not do right? or can I do something like what is available in the formula creation like {!contact.account.name}.

TehNrdTehNrd
I believe that is correct. If using the standardController you can view/ have read only fields of related objects. For example if using the Standard controller="Contact" you can view the account name but not modify and save it with out an extension or custom controller.
Dea73Dea73

Hi, trying out this piece of code. But i don't want to reload my entire page, since all the previous information that is filled will be lost. How can i do a partial reload?