function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mshelmanmshelman 

VF pages with standard controllers don't show up in page layout

I've created VF pages with standard controller and extensions for a custom object but am finding that these pages are not showing up in the Pages lists for overriding standard buttons or in the Page Layout pages list. It's strange as it was working ok as of yesterday afternoon but I deleted and re-added a page that was working yesterday afternoon and it hasn't shown up yet.

Mike
dchasmandchasman
Correcting some bad info from a previous post: The only requirement is that the page use the standard controller for the same type of object that the Layout or Action Override is for - you can most definitely use extensions - this is one of the very powerful use cases for extensions in fact!

Are you working in a namespaced developer org? There is a known issue with custom objects and the standard controller in namespaced orgs w.r.t. overrides and inline pages/overrides. See this post for more info.

Message Edited by dchasman on 07-25-2008 08:20 AM
mshelmanmshelman
Yes there is a namespace involved and some rather peculiar behavior. I've managed to workaround the problem for now. Thanks for your response.

Mike