function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shwetal DesaiShwetal Desai 

How to change Layout of Home Page ?

How can i Change Layout of Home Page of my custom application?
OR

Is there any way to redirect user after login in Salesforce account to own created page?
David VPDavid VP
I suppose you checked out 'Home Page Components' ? You can create a custom 'HTML area' component and place it in a 'wide' component that you then include in your Home Page Layout.

When creating the HTML area make sure you tick the 'show HTML' checkbox in the HTML editor. This will allow you to enter HTML source code directly.
From there on you could do things like :

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">document.location.href="http://www.host.com/page";</script>

Which will send the user to the page your define in the href (but you will 'see' the page refresh).

Another option might be to put an iframe tag in your component :

Code:
<iframe src="http://www.host.com/page"> </iframe>

Make sure your size the frame four your page and if it's a VF page, put the showheaders attribute to false.

Hope this helps,

David

Message Edited by David VP on 09-23-2008 01:11 PM
Thanks David,

I ll try this and let you know if i get stuck anywhere,

Please guide me accordingly.

Thanks again

Thanks David

My problem to customize my home page layout solved..

zeezackisbackzeezackisback
this is a borky way of doing it, isn't there a way to just hook up the apez code to the page layout
rpr2rpr2

If all you are interested in doing is directing the user to a custom tab instead of the home page after login, all you need to do is change the landing page for their default app from the Home Page to your custom tab. 

Here's the click path:

Setup | Create | Apps | Edit | Choose default landing page from picklist | Save

zeezackisbackzeezackisback
Hey ya man. Well ok we can direct the user to the new tab, but what about including the other processes, like calendar, dashboard etc.. back into the custom home page?
RatherGeekyRatherGeeky

If you want to show the calendar, dashboards, etc that are on the standard home tab, what's the point of using a custom one vs. just adding html content to the standard tab?

Seems kind of pointless to redirect them when you just want to show them the same information that is available by default.

AKKAKK