function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lnryanlnryan 

Anyone else having trouble with Title and Labels displaying

I can't get either the dataTitle or the labelTitle attributes in the pageBlockSectionItem settings to actually display in the rendered VF page. Has anyone else had this problem or have a sample where those attributes do work that I can model my code off of?
Joseph FerraroJoseph Ferraro
we're having trouble getting the title attribute in the page component to work

Message Edited by joe ferraro on 09-30-2008 11:14 AM
jwetzlerjwetzler
With regards to the dataTitle and labelTitle, I think the doc is wrong or misleading and I will log a bug for our doc writer.  I believe the "title" is actually the text that goes in the hover when you put your mouse over the corresponding column in the table.  So say you have a pageBlockSectionItem with an outputLabel and an outputText.  labelTitle should appear when you hover over the outputLabel, and dataTitle should appear when you hover over outputText.

As far as page title goes, I suspect you are developing with development mode turned on?  When you're viewing your page with the inline editor, your page is displaying as an iframe and the title is not bubbling out to the outermost page.  If you visit the page without development mode, you should see your title in the title bar. 
apexsutherlandapexsutherland
Jill, the explanation of why we couldn't see the page title in edit mode is very helpful. Do you think you could add a note about that to the Visual Force Component Reference for that attribute so that other developers don't have the same confusion?