function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AffanAffan 

css not recognized when linking to an outside to a jsp page inside visualforce page

<div id="outside_page">
{!url}
</div>

the outside_page which is a jsp loads up but the css in that file is not recognized. I guess conflict with css on visualforce page? I also tried moving css from the outside_page to the visualforce page, but the outside page does not read the css in visualforce page. Is there any way around it?
Sam.arjSam.arj
Your example is vague to some extend, can you give us more information about what you are doing and how your code is like.

jeremy_rossjeremy_ross
Do you have an iframe in the outside_page div?  If so, you must declare the stylesheet references in the outside page's HTML.
AffanAffan
sorry the subject would probably sound better if i say:  css not recognized when linking from visualforce page to an outside jsp page.

basically the outside.jsp file has some css which works fine when i run it independently. But when i link the outside.jsp file inside visualforce page then the formatting from css is not recognized.

in my outside.jsp i have simple code
<style type="text/css">
.balance {....}
</style>

<table>
<td class="balance">...

</table>
this works fine when i run it outside visual force, but when i link it inside visualforce page the css is not recognized. how to i get it to read the css from the outside.jsp page?

visualforce code

<div id="balances">
balancetable goes here {!balance_url}
</div>

it loads the page up but without css formatting
AffanAffan
not using iframe
jeremy_rossjeremy_ross
Couple of things:

Based on the css snippet, you need to change

<div id="balances">
</div>

to:

<div class="balance">
</div>

Also, it sounds like you're styles are defined inside the jsp page.  If so, you need to move those out to an external .css file and then create a <link> tag in you VF page to reference the .css file.