function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tangotango 

Standard related list view

Is there an easy method to use the standard related object list view in a pageblock or iframe below an existing pageblock?

I am referring to the standard url function   /{objectprefix}rlid={!look up ref id}&id={object id}

Trying to leverage the existing related list function for a single related list object for lists +50. I can create a link to the list but would like to include it in inside the VF page.

thanks

Luke@TWSLuke@TWS
You will need to do something between the following. For a standard list of contacts for an account, where the account id is specified in the page query string:

Code:
<apex:relatedList list="Contacts" title="My Contacts" pageSize="50"/>

For a custom list, where you want to manually provide the ID for a custom object relationship:

Code:
<apex:relatedList list="RelationName__r" title="Related Custom Objects" subject="{!myMasterId}" pageSize="50"/>

Message Edited by Luke@TWS on 10-13-2008 09:21 AM
tangotango
Thanks... that helps me get a cleaning view then I was using for the page .....

..but I really wanted to get the 'go to List' view that is provided via the standard related list view.

it directs you to the /a0A?rlid=00N40000001q8dL&id=0014000000JrnSw rlist view which lets you filter and sort.

Including this 'inside' the Visual force page would be more flexible. Right now I just create a dynamic link for the view.

Luke@TWSLuke@TWS
Yeah, all you really have at the moment in VF is the related list and the main list view like:

Code:
<apex:listViews type="Account" />