function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BCBSBCBS 

Failed to login to Salesforce.com

User receives the message "Failed to login to Salesforce.com An error has occurred while trying to contact salesforce"  when trying to record an email to salesforce.  Username and password are correct and they can log in to salesforce.  Any ideas

BA_AdminBA_Admin

is this in outlook?

Sandeep001Sandeep001

Please elaborate the issue. This error can come bracuase of many reasons such as incorrect login credentials (username, pwd, security token), incorrect URL (sandbox, production), server issues etc.

stevesterstevester

I am having the same problem.   We use SalesForce to manage support cases.  I used to have the ability in Outlook to right-click an email and select 'Add Email'.  A dialog box would pop up with tabbed sheets that I could use to identify a specific support case.  Once I located the case I would proceed from there.  The result would be the email would then appear in the Activity history of the case.  This is a very useful feature that I would like to continue to use. 

When I do this now, I get an error that says I have failed to login.  My password is the same and I'm using Outlook 2007 and Windows XP Pro with all the latest service packs.  I have SalesForce for Outlook currently installed, and my understanding is that the feature I require is a fuction of Connect for Microsoft Outlook.  At the moment I have both installed.  Uninstalling/re-installing doesn't seem to change the behavior.

I have heard mention of a token of some kind, but I don't know where I would find this.  Is this my problem? 

My Salesforce support person in-house at our company says that this feature is no longer available.  Are they correct?  Is this just broken?

cgardiner70cgardiner70

We are having the same issue. A user is trying to add an email using Connect for Outlook and it's telling her she has an incorrect password. But, she can log in to salesforce fine. We've tried the security token route, with no results.

She's on Outlook 2007 with Windows XP.  Anyone encountered and solved this issue?