function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mark RobertsMark Roberts 

Outlook Connector crashes my Outlook 2010

So, there seems to be an absense of up to date information on this one:

I am currently evaluating SalesForce for our company and Outlook integration is one of the core features we're looking for.

I've downloaded and installed the connector on my 64-bit Windows 7 machine (running 32 bit Outlook 2010).

However, when I start Outlook, the connector crashes Outlook (and, thankfully, is disabled on subsequent launches of Outlook)

Having been really impressed with the SalesForce offering, this problem (and the lack of any good support) is a real dissapointment.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to get this to work?

Thanks,

Mark.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Mark RobertsMark Roberts

Well, think I managed to get the wrong version somehow. It was "C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\O3\OlMinAddin.dll" that was crashing.

I now installed it via a different route, and have a much nicer .vsto installation "SalesfocForOutlook.vsto"... which works :)

All Answers

Mark RobertsMark Roberts

Well, think I managed to get the wrong version somehow. It was "C:\Program Files (x86)\salesforce.com\O3\OlMinAddin.dll" that was crashing.

I now installed it via a different route, and have a much nicer .vsto installation "SalesfocForOutlook.vsto"... which works :)

This was selected as the best answer
Sandeep Kumar 2065Sandeep Kumar 2065
If we update our Outlook email client without looking in to system configuration then it might cause problem.like crashing of Windows Outlook while adding account from Outlook for Web. In such scenario we can add account from Control Panel. 
  • Click on Mail Icon and go to show profiles
  • Then open Email account window from Email Accounts>>Account Settings>>New
  • Enter your Deatila, Enail ID and Password, Click on Finish
Your Outlook.com account will be added to Outlook for windows application. Read complete details to avoid Outlook for Winowds crash while adding account from OWA.  (http://www.filerepairtools.com/tips/fix-outlook-windows-crashes-issue-adding-outlook-com-account/)