function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anupam_ghoshanupam_ghosh 

apaex data loader failing to update a field with formula in it

Hi Experts,

I am very new to SFDC and trying to update a field using apex data loader. First of all I can't find in list of fields I am searching to update in field mapping. Then I found the customised field  account_site_status has a formula like this CASE( $RecordType.Name , "Site", TEXT(Site_Account_Status__c),TEXT(Type)). I found both fields referred in formula are picklist values.  could you please kindly explain what this formula means? Secondly how to update these kinds of fields using apex data loader? This is very urgent.

Regards

Anupam

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AravindBabu512AravindBabu512

Hi,

You cannot update formula fields using Data loader. A formula field will automatically be updated based on the value in other fields, so you need not explicitly map formula fields when you run data loader.

Thanks,

Aravind

All Answers

AravindBabu512AravindBabu512

Hi,

You cannot update formula fields using Data loader. A formula field will automatically be updated based on the value in other fields, so you need not explicitly map formula fields when you run data loader.

Thanks,

Aravind

This was selected as the best answer
anupam_ghoshanupam_ghosh

Hi Aravind,

Thank you so much for your kind response. I have managed to resolve the issue.

Regards

Anupam