function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bsqvbsqv 

Gmail to Salesforce AutoBcc

Previously we had used a hack so that Gmail would autobcc the email to salesforce address.  However, since Gmail recently deployed a new layout where message are composed in a pop-out window, the hack is broken.

As a temporary solution we are asking users to revert back to the old layout but I imagine this layout won't be available for too much longer.  If anyone has a hack for the new layout I'd love to see it :)

Thanks

FC508FC508

I'm one of the co-founders of Cirrus Insight, the top-ranked Gmail app on the Salesforce AppExchange.  We just released support for the new compose window in Gmail.  This means users of Cirrus Insight can save emails to Salesforce with a click from the new compose and reply/forward windows in Gmail.  No more need for BCC to Salesforce.  Just a mouse click with Cirrus Insight.  

Plus, we're really excited about the new Google Drive functionality in Cirrus Insight because it enables users to save emails with Google Drive attachments into Salesforce and include the attachment in the Chatter feed for the related objects. The Chatter integration helps put a spotlight on attachments which are often important files like proposals and invoices.  Here are today's release notes: http://www.cirrusinsight.com/blog/release-notes-dec-7-2012

Note: You can install and try Cirrus Insight in Chrome or Firefox in seconds from the AppExchange or our website

thecloudgizmosteamthecloudgizmosteam

Hey there!  Feel free to check out our latest Gmail-Salesforce Integration app, The Scoop Composer (http://www.cloudgizmos.com/salesforce-gmail-integration).  It allows you to automatically BCC Salesforce whenever you reply to an email from Gmail.  There are also a lot of other cool features around Activity logging, auto-creating records in Salesforce from Gmail, and Action Buttons to help you perform typical Salesforce tasks from Gmail.  Feel free to contact us via our web form or download our free 30 day trial!  Hope this helps.  Rachel (from CloudGizmos).  

bsqvbsqv

Thanks guys!  A few of our reps are currently beta-ing cirrus, will have a look at Scoop Composer as well!