function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rawiswarrawiswar 

JAR file access inside Salesforce (visualforce or scontrols) ??

I am trying to access JAR files from within salesforce. I uploaded them as static resources but can't seem to find any examples as to how they can be accessed. The VF doc mentions that we can upload JARs also although the examples are only for file types that actually go with html/ apex tag attributes (ex: js, images). I would be grateful for any examples including S-Control instead of VF.
Thanks!

Message Edited by rawiswar on 12-24-2008 10:21 AM
iceberg4uiceberg4u
The only way that I see is use applet tag or the object tag and access the .class files in it.To set information abt the path use:-> $Resource
dchasmandchasman
Static Resources along with any new Visualforce feature will not be supported in scontrols - scontrols are being deprecated and any new work should be done using Visualforce. Almost everything (will be everything as of Spring '09 when we formally deprecate scontrols) you can do with an scontrol can also be accomplished faster/cheaper/better/at least as good as in scontrols. Please let us know what it is that you are doing that makes you feel that you need to drop back to scontrols...

Static resources function like a virtual file system (folders that can contain folders /or files) when you upload a JAR, ZIP, or GZIP archive. See the docs for info on the syntax using urlFor() and $Resource to access the contents of a hierarchical archive.

If you still need an answer that is scontrols specific please post to the AJAX Toolkit & S-controls forum.

Message Edited by dchasman on 12-27-2008 08:58 AM
rawiswarrawiswar
Its alright. I was trying to find out if there was an in-built JVM. I suppose jar files here are supported to include applet file (to execute in the browser). so, jars here are used as an archive essentially. Thanks though and also I'll be sure to note that scontrols are being deprecated.
JieMeJieMe

Did u resolve this question ? If Y,please tie it out.