function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
drew5101drew5101 

New Guy question - where to find code for stock VF pages

I swear I have looked all over for this, but for some reason cannot find what I need anywhere.

I wish to begin modifying some of the stock pages in my Developer Edition, but cannot figure out how to access it.  For example, I wish to remove the Account lookup from the send an email page, or to add my own custom fields to the quick event add pop up.  These features do not allow this function in the Page Layout area, so I would like to add/change it manually.

Other solutions I have seen on here suggest to create a new VF page and override the button that calls the original page.  I am fine with this, but as a beginner, I would rather start with the code generated by force.com and tweak it slightly, I really do not want to try and recreate all of the pages that I want to modify, from scratch...  But if I could find this code, I could cut and paste it into my new VF page and modify it at will...

So....  Where can I find this code?  I have tried to add "/apex/..."  in the url, but that does not do it...

Sorry if this is a ridiculously simple question, but I have looked everywhere I know to look.

shillyershillyer

All the Visualforce pages in your DE can be found here:

Setup | Develop | Pages

DE orgs don't contain a stock of default Visualforce pages, but we do have a Visualforce site you can visit that has a ton of examples. Plus, check out the Force.com Workbook for other tutorials on the subject.

Hope that helps,

Sati

ibsmilinatyouibsmilinatyou
I realize that this question is very old, but is this something you can accomplish with a controller and <apex:detail />?