function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kdmrkdmr 

using apex:inputtext

I am using the inputtext to get a value and pass the same to my controller. Though those functions are all working as it should, when using the title attribute on the same to display the text, it does not show it in the page. I am using the inputtext with a pageblock section.

I have noticed this when using with the commandbuttons too. I there any specific reason that the value give under title is not displayed.

Thanks

KD

mikeafter6mikeafter6

I believe the documentation of the 'title' attribute is misleading/incorrect in the component reference.

For apex:inputtext, the title attribute is defined as:

The text displayed next to the field

For input fields, 'title' acts more like the HTML 'title' attribute which is for accessibility (e.g. screen readers for the blind.)  In firefox, it causes a hover description.

I think you want a label for your inputtext tag.

<apex:form>
<apex:outputLabel for="testInputText" value="My Input Text Box:" />
<apex:inputText title="hover test" value="{!testString}" id="testInputText"/>
</apex:form>

In the above example, the apex:outputlabel tag puts the text 'My Input Text Box' next to the field.  I see the words 'hover test' when my mouse hovers over the control.

NOTE:  The 'title' attribute for apex:pageBlockSection actually defines the title for the section.  'Title' acts differently on PageBlockSections and inputtext.

Message Edited by mikeafter6 on 2009_0529 09:50 AM