function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John L.John L. 

Transferring updated variable value from Radio Button selection to Component attribute

<apex:form style="{ height : 201px }" > <apex:selectRadio value="{!upgrade}" layout="pageDirection"> <apex:selectOptions value="{!upgrades}"/> </apex:selectRadio><br/> <apex:commandButton onclick="javascript&colon;doConfirmUp();" value="{!Btn_Go}" rerender="out1" status="status" action="{!go}"/> </apex:form> <apex:outputPanel id="out1"> <apex:actionstatus id="status"><apex:outputPanel > <c:CSSUTLConfirmPopup id="uPopupWindow" confirmURL="{!$Site.Name}/home/home.jsp" page="CSSUTLConfirmPopup" todo="doConfirmUp" retURL="{!$CurrentPage.URL}" to="{!upgrade}" from="{!currentSystemLevel}"/> </apex:outputPanel> </apex:actionstatus></apex:outputPanel>

I'm trying to accomplish the subject task with the above Apex markup. I've based the above attempt on an example for a SelectRadio tag in the Visualforce Developer's Guide.

I also tried the above without the <apex:outputpanel id="out1"><apex:actionstatus><apex:outputpanel> nesting. This worked as I might reasonably expect, however the updated variable value from the user interaction, {!upgrade}, was not provided. The variable {!currentSystemValue}, set via a controller "set" method, was populated correctly.

It is not clear to me how the updated variable value is re-introduced into the page, or if this combination of tags is valid or not.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Message Edited by John L. on 05-30-2009 12:05 PM