function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
XXXXXX 

Can I Embed a Visualforce "page" on a standard layout?

I think the answer is "No" but I wanted to make sure before I explored other options. I want to embed a VF "page" on a standard layout in the same way that I used to embed S-Controls on a standard layout.

TIA,

John

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
XXXXXX
Never mind, you have to set the page's controller as a standard controller and then it shows up on the page layout editor.

All Answers

mtbclimbermtbclimber
Yes, you can.
XXXXXX

How?

I should clarify -- I don't want to override a button, link, or tab, I want to drop in a complex component that includes business logic and presentation in the same way that I used to drop in an S-Control with both logic and presentation.

I am asking because S-Controls are going away and Visualforce is the wave of the future. That's fine as far as it goes, but one of our AppExchange applications lets a customer drop an S-Control into a standard layout. And I can't find any way to drop a Visualforce page or component onto a standard layout.

So -- how?

Message Edited by XXX on 06-03-2009 10:49 AM
XXXXXX
Never mind, you have to set the page's controller as a standard controller and then it shows up on the page layout editor.
This was selected as the best answer
narsavagepnarsavagep

How do you embed it into a standard "Close" layout?

I see the Visualsource Page on my layout editor for Case Layout... but it's not available on my "Close Case" layout editor?