function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sami CohenSami Cohen 

Multi Currency OutputField Problem!!!

Hi all,

It seems that VF doesn't know to render currency field with the right currency Symbol when displaying the UnitPrice field of the  PriceBookEntry sObject:

Here my Controller Code:

Code:
public class TEST {public PriceBookEntry getMyProd(){  return [select Id,UnitPrice,Product2.currencyisocode from PriceBookEntry where id =:'01uR0000000bGho'];}}

01uR0000000bGho is  PriceBookEntry record id  which currency equals to  EUR ->  EUR 1,500.00

Here is my VF Page

Code:
<apex:outputField value="{!MyProd.UnitPrice}"/><br/>Real currency Symbol : <apex:outputField value="{!MyProd.Product2.currencyisocode}"/>

Here is the result:

List Price  USD 1,500.00
Real currency Symbol : EUR 
When the expected result should be :

List Price  EUR 1,500.00
Real currency Symbol : EUR

This is very strange, it seems to be a serious issue.

Any Idea or comment?

Message Edited by Sami Cohen on 01-15-2009 04:29 AM

Message Edited by Sami Cohen on 01-15-2009 04:30 AM

Message Edited by Sami Cohen on 01-15-2009 04:31 AM

Message Edited by Sami Cohen on 01-15-2009 04:50 AM
Message Edited by Sami Cohen on 03-17-2009 11:38 PM
TomSnyderTomSnyder

Getting the similar issue in Opportunity Amount.

Here is my issue...

where the record Currency is set to  EUR 200'000.00 and It is rendering on the visualforce page as USD 200,000.00

Now I understand I have a custom control so it will run in the context of the system,  but why does it show the USD unit by the EUR value,  it should have been USD 255,411.53.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TomSnyderTomSnyder

By using the convertCurrency(Amount) in my SOQL, I able to return the correct USD value in this case.  

But I still feel there is an issue that needs attention,  because the InputField component allow a mismatch of the currency unit and value. :(

Message Edited by tesii on 03-16-2009 10:18 AM
veeruveeru

Hi,

Even i am facing the same issue and is not returning the result. Please do update me if you find the solution.

thanks

naidu

Caleb_SidelCaleb_Sidel

Same problem but with a custom object....

<

<apex:outputField value="{!phase.child.Sample_Phased__c}" style="width:100px" />

</apex:column>

apex:column style="width:100px" > <apex:facet name="header">Sample Phased</apex:facet>

This shows USD XXXX even if the custom object has it's currency set to EUR!

I've been forced to do this

<

apex:column style=

"width:100px" > <apex:facet name="header">Sample Phased</apex:facet>

<apex:outputText value="{!phase.child.currencyIsoCode}" /> <apex:outputText value="{!phase.child.Sample_Phased__c}" style="width:100px" /> </apex:column>

Very odd!