function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SDSFuserSDSFuser 

Installing Outlook for Salesforce Using Active Directory

What is the correct process to install Outlook for Salesforce using Active Directory?

These errors seems to appear:

If we try publish the MSI install in Active Directory, it will not even appear.  The language is listed as Chinese(Taiwan)

The only way to get it to appear is to bypass the language settings.

All other Published MSI files all have Language: English (United States).

Any advice would be appreciated

DAS/RLDAS/RL

We are running into the exect some problem.

When publishing the .MSI in AD, it comes up with language set to Chinese (Taiwan).

It's for this reason, I believe, it does not appear in the Program and Features Network Install window.

If we set the Group Policy to Ignore the languate setting, it appears, but then fails to install with an error:

"This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"

We have other published .MSI files all working. They all have the language set at English (United States)

Using the .MSI manually does work, but it's a problem as none of our users have admin rights to install the software so we have to publish it in AD.

jpetry1.3974937385652375E12jpetry1.3974937385652375E12
Same problem  , 1,5 years later .. Any solution?

Jay ShallcrassJay Shallcrass
Don't understand this, when I try and specify the 1033.mst the GPO won't save.
Anyone found a way around this yet? Driving me mad!
Finally got this working by rebuilding the .msi file using Advanced Installer.
Once rebuilt the installer language appeared as United States in the GPO and I was able to push out to all computers.
Matt BrennanMatt Brennan
Hey Jay - Any chance you can share the installer somewhere? I can't afford to spend $1500 just to re-build an MSI. 

Or do you mind contacting me via e-mail? brennanma _at_ gmail _dot_ com. Thanks. 
Ashley StopforthAshley Stopforth

Hi Matt and Jay,

I'm getting the same problem with this MSI. We've installed the prereqs (Visual Studio, PIA, etc) with group policy but the Salesforce For Outlook MSI install fails. Windows System/Application logs don't give any clue to why. We see same language problem - Chinese(Taiwan) - in GP.

Any ideas - did that fixed MSI get shared? I'd love to get my hands on it if possible! Have 50 installs to do in the next 14 days then a roll out to another 200 in the coming months.

Regards,

Ashley

Sorry for the delay, drop me an e-mail to XEfSFaHls7I8@meltmail.com (within 24 hours) and i'll reply with the .MSI
Derek SinclairDerek Sinclair
Jay,

Would it be possible for you to also send the .msi to jGT91BOLaX98@meltmail.com (mailto:jGT91BOLaX98@meltmail.com) as I am having the same issue?

Thanks in advance,
Derek 

Hi Derek

Jay kindly let me have his MSI, but unfortunately it was derived from the 32bit version. We run 64-bit Win7 and 64-bit Outlook 2010 here so it didn't work for us.

I'm hoping Jay is going to make a 64-bit version and share that too.

Regards,

Ashley

Derek SinclairDerek Sinclair
Hi Ashley

Could you forward on the .msi, although our Win7 is 64-bit, the Office versions are 32-bit so it should work for me?

Regards
Derek
Hi Jay,

Are you OK to share the 32bit MSI with Derek? I don't feel I can do that without your approval.

Regards,

Ashley
Andy FeetenbyAndy Feetenby

Hi Jay,

Firstly well done for fixing this problem. Do you still have the 32bit version of the MSI you could forward onto me, I tried your meltmail.com account posted earlier but I got a bounce back. My address is afeetenby@pmgroupuk.com. 

Thanks

Andy

Tatenda KuparaTatenda Kupara
Hi Jay

Thank you for hilighting this issue I have bee scratching my head for hours, couldnt figure out why it was not deploying.

Do you still have the 32bit msi? I would  be grateful if you could share it with me or point to a location where I can download it

Thanks
Tate

Salesforce for Outlook x32 v.2.5.1

https://www.sendspace.com/file/un8eb6

Tatenda KuparaTatenda Kupara
Thank you very much.
Josh HarmacinskiJosh Harmacinski
Hey Jay, are you having any issues with your latest .msi above? I pushed it out but my users are being told to run a repair on it when they first open it. If i run the repair for them, then it works just fine. 
For your information, I have posted this issue on the Salesforce Ideas Exchange here... https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000l9qTAAQ

Let's hope it helps to get this problem sorted by Salesforce.

Thanks again to Jay for his help on this to date.

Regards,
Ashley
Stephane Bakhos 4Stephane Bakhos 4
You can use Orca (provided as part of the Windows SDK) to edit the languages in the msi.
Open up the msi in Orca
View -> Summary
Remove all languages except the one you need (1033 is English).
GPO uses the smallest language id as the one.
Save the MSI file.
I couldn't get a Transform (.mst) file out of that change