function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AceldamaAceldama 

Salesforce for Outlook add-ins not loading

We have a few new Windows 8 machines at our company and we are running into issues installing Salesforce for Outlook (2007).  The software installs, and items can sync, but the add-ins do not launch.    

They do not appear under Help > Disabled Items....  

They are listed as disabled under Tools > Trust Center > Add-ins > Manage COM Add-ins, but get the following message:  "This add-in is installed for all users on this computer, and can only be connected or disconnect by an administrator".  If I log in as an admin, I can activate these add-ins, but they keep reverting back to disabled and the message when try to activate this is not:  "Not Loaded.  The Managed Add-in Loader failed to initialize."

Not sure if this is related, but after installing and starting the application, if I right click and hit settings, I received two script errors:

https://ssl.salesforce.com/jslibrary/1360895802000/sfdc/Security.js

and then

https://ssl.salesforce.com/secur/frontdoor.jsp?sid=ORGIDGOESHERE%21ARMAQIT9SNoFN9q8wcqtr1sKaBYXQz.JTEDaCZrbznF9sb

to@ebridgesoft.comto@ebridgesoft.com

I am experiencing the same issue. Have you had any luck in resolving?

AceldamaAceldama

Yes.  Had to call SF support to finally resolve.  Their installer is a bit buggy for Windows 8 machines.  The workaround:

Extract the contents of the MSI installer file.  Run the following installers in following order:

1)      o2010pia.msi

2)      vstor40_x64.exe
3)      SalesForceForOutlook.exe

Then it should be working.

Kent ManningKent Manning
Where do I find the 1) o2010pia.msi and 2) vstor40_x64.exe files? They don't seem to appear when I extract the msi installer file.
AceldamaAceldama

Might have a slight change in the file name due to the version you have.  64 is added the to file name for the 64 bit version.

Also, I extracted from the exe installer.

H GarzaH Garza

Can you please clarify which compressed file should I decompress to get this:

1)      o2010pia.msi

2)      vstor40_x64.exe

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi All,

The compressed file which should be decompressed is the SFO MSI file available at the following location:

Setup --> Personal Information --> desktop integration --> Salesforceforoutlook. Msi installer is a blue hyperlink just below the install button
This MSI consists of the following:

1)      o2010pia.msi

2)      vstor40_x64.exe

Hope this helps!