function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
zakzak 

Welcome

Welcome to the Mac forum, feel free to discuss any topics relating to Salesforce & Apple Mac's here.
lbelllbell
Advise Needed.

I think that I want to buy a MAC. My only concern is that my job requires me to customize SF and test features as well as train new users.

What are the major issues that I would see using a MAC?

I'm prepared to buy Virtual PC so that I can run Windows.

What is people's experience with the SF DataLoader and MACs?
fifedogfifedog
lbell,
I've been a Mac fan since I got my first SE with dual disk drive and 8 megs of RAM. However ever since in the business world I've had to use a PC, untill I came to my recent job where I had a choice and in the same delemia as you're now in. (one year ago)

I choose a PC mainly becuase I knew I wanted / needed to use the Excel connector which I belive requires the PC because of the installation of the office edition/or outlook edition is required. It relies on some of their libarary. The other thing was the mail merge, outlook edition, offline all require the PC, and there was some thing from creating html emails. I think the editior doesn't work with Safari, I forget if it has issues with firefox on the mac.

Anyway if you'll be training people, get a PC, sorry.
zakzak
Or get a mac and run parallels for the few PC/IE specific things you might need. The primary issue areas that i know of are Mail merge, offline, & data loader, although it should be easy to run the comand line version of the data loader on the mac.
TannicTannic
Glad to see they opened up this message board. Mac support is sorely needed in SalesForce.