function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Avendio_HSAvendio_HS 

Trapdoor and different browsers

As my question regarding Maildrop led to a new version, I'll now try one on trapdoor :-)

I am using several accounts at the same time and for security reasons I use different browsers for each account. So it would be very nice, if I could save not only the server of the account, but also the browser I'd like to login with.

Message Edited by Avendio_HS on 04-10-200708:41 AM

SuperfellSuperfell
I initially assumed this wouldn't be possible, as Trapdoor leaves it upto the OS to find and launch the users default browser, but I tinkered around with a couple of ideas and it seems entirely workable, hopefully I can get an update out soon.
Avendio_HSAvendio_HS
Thanks, Simon. I knew you would find a solution :-)
SuperfellSuperfell
Restart Trapdoor, or pick check for updates from the Help menu to pick up the new version. For each login, you can select between
  • system default browser (whatever browser trapdoor used to launch)
  • Safari
  • Camino
  • Firefox
  • Omniweb
The new Manage All Logins window allows you to set a browser selection for existing keychain entries along with editng aliases, etc.

Avendio_HSAvendio_HS
Great work, Simon! Works perfect for me.

The next would be, that it could also use windows browsers via Parallels (just kidding)

Message Edited by Avendio_HS on 05-02-200707:20 AM

Avendio_HSAvendio_HS
Hello Simon,

since your last change I use Trapdoor every day and so I come with a new (very small) wish.

I have approx. 40 logins managed in trapdoor. Could it be possible to sort them alphabetically?

Regards,
Heiko
SuperfellSuperfell
Wow, 40 login!. Do you want them sorted purely by username, or by the compound display name of "alias username" ?
Avendio_HSAvendio_HS

SimonF wrote:
Wow, 40 login!. Do you want them sorted purely by username, or by the compound display name of "alias username" ?

Username would be enough for me as I don't use the alias field and all my usernames are descriptive. But as you don't implement that just for me, maybe the possibility to choose between sorting by username or alias in the preferences would be the best solution.

And for the 40 logins: That's why I am the greatest fan of trapdoor ;-)

Message Edited by Avendio_HS on 07-11-200709:01 AM

SuperfellSuperfell
Done, restart Trapdoor, or pick check for updates from the help menu to have it install the update.

Thanks for the suggestion, keep 'em comming
Avendio_HSAvendio_HS
Thanks Simon, I think that was the fastest implementation of a user requirement I've ever seen *ThumbsUp*