function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TannicTannic 

iPhone Support for SalesForce Mobile?

Ok, half kidding, but half not kidding.

What do you think the chances are?

In some ways, if the Safari mobile works well, we should just be able to login, right?

Tannic
SuperfellSuperfell
Last i heard, no third party apps for the iPhone, so its going to be the browser or nothing, unless they change their mind.
rwalshrwalsh
You don't need anything - the built-in browser on the iPhone supports all the Salesforce.com functionality - the only time you would not be able to use it would be while on a plane.
James KennyJames Kenny

Maybe this is off topic slightly, but I think it's preposterous that Apple aren't already making the iPhone a platform for all kinds of development.  I could imagine a flood of great home-brew stuff coming out if they did.

BeaubienBeaubien

Message Edited by New User on 07-21-2008 06:41 PM
James KennyJames Kenny
Absolutely!  I read somewhere that the majority of iPhone purchasers were young professionals.  If ever there was a device that demanded some form of Apex Mobile, this is it! 
I'm presuming Apple will open the flood-gates (so to speak) in the next year.  I'm sure they want to keep a lid on things while they iron out bugs, etc.
SuperfellSuperfell
I haven't tried everything in the salesforce.com app yet, but so far everything i've tried just works from the safari browser on the iPhone. there's no need to wait for it to be possible to build apex mobile for iPhone.
SalesforcewatchSalesforcewatch
Will -

As Simon mentioned, much of the core functionality works on the safari browser on the iPhone (I only say "much" b/c I haven't tested everything).

Apple stores have a number of iPhones set up for demo - give one a test drive.

I bought mine on Saturday and feel like I haven't put it down yet!  So far, best cell phone I've ever owned hands down.

- Mark
James KennyJames Kenny
That's really great to hear.  I know Safari isn't supported by Salesforce, but I haven't had any problems myself.  Is Safari on the iPhone *exactly* the same as the standfard version?