function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BretonBreton 

Mailmerge

Hello,

I just disovered maildrop and I am psyched. I also quite like the quicksilver plugin. However, the only thing that necessitates me firing up parallels is mailmerge. We use it to make quotes in msword using products that we have for a given opportunity. Is there any solution to getting this to work on os x? This would really help me out.

Oh yeah, one other question is if we can associate a new contact that we create using maildrop with an account?

Best,
Breton
SuperfellSuperfell
Not sure what's going on with plans WRT to mail merge, as a personal project, I did do some tinkering with a mac mail merge tool, unfortuantly the integration into the web-app for it was clunky (it involved a custom formula field on the objects, which generated a link, and you dragged, not clicked this link to the mail merge tool), it also only worked with iWorks (pages and potentially keynote), which very few people seem to use.

for maildrop/contacts, you can't associate it to an account in the maildrop UI, but once you've finished in Maildrop, you're dropping into the Salesforce app, and you can easily click through to the contact to add it to an account and/or set any of the other fields you have on contact.

CongaMarkCongaMark
Conga Mail Merge On Demand works on the Mac. You can check it out on the AppExchange; there's a basic (free) portion that will address your mail merge needs.