function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ProfessorProfessor 

Multiple Salesforce.com Calendars in iCal

I am trying to use SF3, but it seems like everytime I sync it adds another Salesforce.com calendar to iCal.  I am up to 7.  What am I doing wrong
SuperfellSuperfell
That's weird, are you changing any of the calendar properties between syncs? are you using any other sync tools ?
ProfessorProfessor
No, I'm not changing anything, but I am also using Spanning Sync to sync gCal and iCal. 

CH
SuperfellSuperfell
What happens if you stop spanning sync? is SS configured to sync the salesforce.com calengar that SF3 created ?
ProfessorProfessor
Interesting, ss is not configured to sync the SF3 Salesforce calendar, but it seems to do it anyway.  I am going to delete all the salesforce calendars, turn off ss and try SF3 again.
ProfessorProfessor
I have deleted all the Salesforce.com Calendars.  Now my situation is worse - SFCubed deletes any activities I have in Salesforce, at least all future events and tasks.  I have tried reloading SFCubed, adding back a new Salesforce calendar. Nothing seems to work, anytime I add a new event or task in SF then Sync, the activities are deleted. 

I have turned off Spanning Sync
SuperfellSuperfell
Sounds like you need to reset the sync history, there's an option to do it in the SF3 prefs.
ProfessorProfessor
Simon, SFCubed is still deleting all my activities in Salesforce.  I am going to have to stop using it.  I reset history, turned off Spanning Sync and it is still doing it.  Any last suggestions before I give up?
SuperfellSuperfell
Not off the top of my head, i've only seen it do that when you manually delete the calendar or all the activities.
tobysantobysan
Simon, sounds similar to the problem I had. I was using pocketsync to sync with my blackberry. The only way I found to avoid the problem was to stop using pocketsync...unfortunately I can't live without pocketsync so I wind up deleting the multiple salesforce calendars every so often after moving all my past appointments into the most current salesforce calendar. Annoying, but I can't find another workaround.
SuperfellSuperfell
If you could enable Sync Services logging (see this) and send me the log i can start digging into the problem.