function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NullMindNullMind 

SF3 Error at Sync

when I try to sync SF3 for the first time I get this error

"INVALID_FIELD: No such column 'OtherCity' on entity 'Contact'...."

Any ideas ?
SuperfellSuperfell
You probably have OtherAddress hidden via Field Level Security in the app. Right now SF3 assumes all the fields it maps are visible to the user.
bpillaibpillai
Simon - hi.

I've signed up to Salesforce Communities because of your SF3 application. I love the fact it can sync with iCal.

I've downloaded the software and unzipped it (I am on OS X Jaguar). Double clicking on it doesn't seem to launch an application though. Am I being naive? Could you help?

Best wishes,
Brojo
SuperfellSuperfell
As indicated on the SF3 download page, you need at least OSX 10.4.8 (i.e. Tiger)
bpillaibpillai
Cheers Simon. One more reason to upgrade!
SuperfellSuperfell
Yup, although you may as well tough it out til the end of the month and jump straight to leopard.
GellMGellM
Well, I have taken the plunge into Leopard and I'm getting the following sync errors on a brand new SyncServices account:

Error occurred during sync process

Session [iSyncConcreteSession: 0x1631a880]cancelled. SyncServer failed to merge the changes from some clients: NSInvalidArgumentException can't execute statement: 19 (column recordid is not unique)

iSync then comes up with a dialogue box:

Database Reset Alert

Inconsistencies in your sync information for Calendars were detected and have been repaired.

The next sync for SF Cubed, .Mac and iCal make take longer than usual.

---

(I changed the tags in the error message to brackets because the posting software doesn't allow tags.)

I try again but the process just repeats.

I am an unfortunate refugee of SpanningSalesforce, who has decided that the $5K certification fee that SalesForce charges is too much for them. They've stopped taking new accounts are are offering no further support, including fixing the iCal feeds, which don't work in Leopard. So, SF3 is my only hope.
SuperfellSuperfell
Have you tried doing a reset sync history in SF3 ? which data types are you syncing ?
GellMGellM
It was the first time I ran SF3 on the account, but to humor you I did reset the history. Same result. I am only trying to sync calendars I own.
donBonodonBono
I have the same problem when I have both Tasks and Events clicked. Each one works individually but not in same sync session. 10.5.1 Leopard and SF Enterprise

Message Edited by donBono on 11-16-200706:36 AM

SuperfellSuperfell
Can you post the sync log from the console?
Pascal MPascal M
i have the same problems with 10.5.1. and SF Enterprise
Additionally when i first sync the calender doesn't appear anymore comparing to 10.5.0 and before.

NullMindNullMind
Simon

Can you tell me where do I turn "OtherAddress" on (or remove it from hidden .. I looked everywhere, cant find such setting.
SuperfellSuperfell
In the salesforce app, goto setup -> app setup -> customize -> contact -> fields -> other address -> set field level security
Jeff77Jeff77

Getting the following error on my initial sync:

INVALID_FIELD:
account.id, account.name, email, Department, Description, Birthdate
                                 ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:56
No such column 'Department' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Any Help?