function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tanistanis 

Sending msg from Entourage to SF

Hello-I just downloaded maildrop and I thank you for what looks like a very valuable tool. I cannot get SF to attach my emails to an opportunity; only an account. I run through the process the same way: choose email >> click onto applescript icon >> choose "add email to SF.com" >> grab the contact in the "who" pane >> make sure opportunity is checked >> click "add email"...a SF window opens up with my mail, under "task detail". Then when I go into the opportunity to double check if the message arrived, there is no sign of it.

When I do the same to route a message to "account" it works, but I need to store my correspondance in "opportunities." What am I doing wrong?

A few more questions--
+ Can I send the mail to SF at the same time I am sending it to a client? When I try I get an error saying my Entourage cannot "display name of address of recipient 1".
+ Can attached docs travel through maildrop?

Sorry for the long post. And thanks.
TK
tanistanis
By the way I am using OSX 10.4.6
Thanks.
SuperfellSuperfell
Did you search for the opportunity and select it from the search results ?
tanistanis
Yes, I did.
SuperfellSuperfell
In the "related to what" box at the bottom of the window ?
tanistanis
Aha, I did not realize there was this whole other step. Thank you.

As for my other question, does maildrop carry attachments?

TK
SuperfellSuperfell
No, no support for attachments yet.
tanistanis
Thanks Simon. Are there any plans to support attachments?
tanistanis
Simon-
Having read through other messages I see that you have no imminent plans to allow for attachments via maildrop, unfortunately...
I have two more queries that have come up as I try to navigate through this:

1- When I try to cc my SF account while sending my e-mail through Entourage I get the following message: {Maildrop got an error: Can't make date "Friday, January 1, 1904 12:00:00 AM" into type date.}
*** I have never seen this error and don't know what to make of it.

2- When I try to send a copy of a sent email to SF, in the second box "related to What" there is no option for "Lead" on the lefthand list. Is there a way to copy a message destined for a "Lead"?

Many thanks in advance-

TK
tanistanis
Simon-
My reply last month to this post does not seem to have been posted. At any rate, problem solved, thank you. I did not realize that there was the extra step of choosing in the second screen..
That said, I posted another message a few days ago --to which other people added their "ditto"-- that has not been answered.
A few days ago I received instructions from SF to set a new URL, which I did. Now, the maildrop no longer works as it does not recognize the new URL. What must I do, and where, to fix this? I would appreciate a fast response because I am quite dependent on this feature and this is slowing me down.

Thanks in advance-
Tanis