function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tmoodytmoody 

Recent Trouble Syncing w/ SF3

I am unable to sync using SF3. I never had a problem before, but now I keep getting the following error message:

LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN:Invalid username, password, security token;

However, I am entering all of the above information correctly...i don't get it.
SuperfellSuperfell
You need to enter your password & security token value in the password field. see the salesforce.com help on identity confirmation.
tmoodytmoody
I did that...entered my password followed by the security token I was given...but still the same error message. I even reset the token and tried again, but no luck. Any other suggestions?

Another thing worth mentioning is that I never needed to enter a security token before. I just tried to sync using SF3 one day and I got that error and a window telling me how to get a security token. So, I followed the directions, but have not been able to sync ever since.
SuperfellSuperfell
The specific error message you get is that you got your password right, but the security token wrong.
tmoodytmoody
I just tried again, twice, being sure to enter the security token following my password carefully and correctly, but still no success. Is there a way that I can make it so that I don't need that security token anymore? I didn't need one before, why do I need to enter that additional token now?
SuperfellSuperfell
You'll need to get your IP addresss added to the list of trusted networks in setup.
see http://trust.salesforce.com/trust/security/identity_feature.html