function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
markdesmarkdes 

SF3: can't sync with Entourage

So I am trying to be slick with sf3. I am trying to sync my entourage 2008 calendar with salesforce. So, in Entourage, I am using synching services to sync with iCal, which is working fine. I successfully installed sf3 and it is synching with iCal but only for new items that I create in iCal.

In iCal, I have an Entourage calendar and a salesforce calendar (from sf3). If I take an entourage event and change it to the salesforce calendar (all within iCal), it does not sync with salesforce. But if I create a new iCal event under salesforce, it does.

What gives? Am I trying to be too slick? It should work theoretically.

thanks,
Mark
SuperfellSuperfell
It wont work because both SF3 & Entourage only sync to their own calendar. There's a todo for SF3 to allow to select a calendar to sync to/from, so that you can have SF3 sync the entourage calendar.
markdesmarkdes
I understand that and you are right it would be nice if it did not have to create its own calendar in iCal. But, if I take an even in my Entourage calendar in iCal and change it to the salesforce calendar, sf3 won't sync it to salesforce.com. Not sure why.
Tony S.Tony S.
Simon,

You mentioned that "there is a todo for SF3 to allow to select a calendar to sync to/from, so that you can have SF3 sync the entourage calendar". Any insight into if/when this feature will be available? Thanks!

Tony
SuperfellSuperfell
Its farily high on my todo list (but probably a detailed investigation into one way sync will be first). not sure when i'll have time to work on it, but it is open source, so feel free to submit patches for your favorite missing feature(s).