function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PhurnaceRobertPhurnaceRobert 

iPhone SF Application - Unable to Register

Hi,

I just downloaded the SF iPhone application and attempted to register using my SF username and password.

I get the following error:

"Unable to register your device: no existing domain found based on salesforce orgId '00D700000008JEvEAM'"

Anybody else seeing this? Do I need to enable my account somehow elsewhere?

Thanks!

Robert

SuperfellSuperfell
You'll get that if your organization doesn't have any mobile licenses.
EricSMEricSM
And what is the cost of a "mobile license"? I assume we talk to our Salesforce salesperson to get one but this is a tactical error on Salesforce's part (IMHO) to unbundle this! Why don't you guys at the very least post a demo version that runs for thirty days or something like that? Really annoying. Gives one the feeling of being nickled and dimed by Salesforce (after already spending a fortune on it).
PhurnaceRobertPhurnaceRobert
$50 per mobile user.

Yikes. I'll stick with Safari on my iPhone.
nuckollsnuckolls
$50? Are you kidding? Considering what Salesforce costs in the first place, and most things can be done with free utilities these days, if you're going to charge *anything* I think a $5 for the app would be kind of acceptable, but charging for each user is unbelievable. I'll be deleting it from my iPhone now, thank you.
baseball36baseball36
$50 dollars per user? I am taking it off my iphone as well. That is ridicules. This application should be free....
rcauthronrcauthron
Absolutely unreal. 
BeaubienBeaubien

Message Edited by New User on 07-21-2008 07:00 PM
SuperfellSuperfell
It works fine, it requires a mobile license, which is clearly indicated on the appstore page, (and mobile licenses are bundled as part of UE, or available as an addon). You may not agree with the licensing approach, which is your prerogative, but that doesn't mean the app doesn't work.
sgoldbergsgoldberg
At what point did anyone say that there was a problem with the app? I thought that mobile licenses were included with the Enterprise edition?
SuperfellSuperfell
"New User" did and then apparently censored himself. I don't believe mobile licenses are part of EE, you would need to check with your CSM.