function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tlujantlujan 

The application Mail Drop has cancelled restart

We have recently installed Mail Drop on a Mac running the following applications (Entourage 2004, Mail drop, Safari, Word ).  The applications will shut down with the exception of Mail Drop.  We get the message "the application Mail Drop has cancelled restart".  How do we get Mail Drop to quit properly?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell
Maildrop will prevent a restart while an add-dialog window is open (this is a side-effect of being halfway through an applescript invocation). Simply close any open windows in maildrop first.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell
IIRC, Maildrop will do this if you have an Add email dialog open because its partway through an applescript call.
waynicewaynice
I am having the same issue...Entourage is closed with no other applications open. How can I quit Mail Drop?
SuperfellSuperfell
Maildrop will prevent a restart while an add-dialog window is open (this is a side-effect of being halfway through an applescript invocation). Simply close any open windows in maildrop first.
This was selected as the best answer
tlujantlujan
Thanks, by closing the open mail-drop windows, it fixed the issue.
waynicewaynice
I did not have any MailDrop windows open. I finally used Cmd/Alt/Esc and did a force quite on Maildrop. Any ideas why it would not close with no windows open?
HODHOD

I  had the exact same problems. All windows are closed, yet my system will not close due to the same MailDrop error. Also had to do a Forced Quit.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.