function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
XtinaStylesXtinaStyles 

Cannot run Excel Connector App with Mac

I have downloaded the installer but when I open my Excel nothing happens... Is this because I'm on a Mac?  I called support, they can't help me.
SuperfellSuperfell
the Excel connector relies on the office toolkit, which is windows only.
XtinaStylesXtinaStyles
Thanks for responding Simon.  I have MS office with the Mac but not Outlook.  Would that matter?
SuperfellSuperfell
The excel connector will not run on OSX.
kmckay9kmckay9

Are there any plans to upgrade the Excel Connector to work on Mac??  This would be very helpful.

SuperfellSuperfell

Due to major differences in programatic models for excel (osx has no vbscript, no com, etc, has applescript instead), its not really a matter of an upgrade but would entail re-writing it from scratch for an OSX version.

C_TurnsC_Turns

Looks like the new version(s) of Office for Mac have full support for VBA macros.  Does this change the situation for a possible Excel Connector for Mac?

Thanks

Colin

SuperfellSuperfell

It helps for the excel part, the current excel connector use the office toolkit for its communication to salesforce which is native windows code, so that part of it would be need to rewritten to work on OSX.

isamorenoisamoreno

I have the same problem... so sad there´s no way of running Connector on OSX

Julie GoltonJulie Golton
Have there been any updates to this?  Basically looking for something that can refresh the Salesforce data in excel without having to log in and download the report each time.  Thank you!
Phani Raj KuchibhotlaPhani Raj Kuchibhotla
Try this once, works on Mac: https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104379611&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&appredirect=false