function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
umutdoganumutdogan 

Weird Exception

Hi, I am getting this exception when i try to delete a tab.

__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val DependencyMessageUnknownObjectInUse not found in section Exception

After it says it is in Visualforce Page then i try to delete that page and turns in a circe this way. 

I can't even delete that tab and page.

I searched but couldn't find anything.

Do you know what it is?

Thanks,

Umut

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jwetzlerjwetzler

Oh I see how this can happen.

If you create a Visualforce tab called myTab, and then point it to a page that has tabstyle="myTab__tab", it gets into a circular dependency.  If you remove the tabStyle from your page, you should then be able to delete everything.

Just fyi, you do not need to specify tabstyle="myTab__tab".  The page will automatically get styled that way when accessing it via the tab. 

All Answers

jwetzlerjwetzler

That error message is not correct, thanks for bringing that to our attention.

What does your page look like?  Does it have a standardController and/or tabstyle attribute specified? 

jwetzlerjwetzler

Oh I see how this can happen.

If you create a Visualforce tab called myTab, and then point it to a page that has tabstyle="myTab__tab", it gets into a circular dependency.  If you remove the tabStyle from your page, you should then be able to delete everything.

Just fyi, you do not need to specify tabstyle="myTab__tab".  The page will automatically get styled that way when accessing it via the tab. 

This was selected as the best answer
umutdoganumutdogan
But if i remove tabstyle="myTab__tab" from the page definition, it shows flex application under the home tab not in its defined myTab. It seems i need to define tabstyle.
jwetzlerjwetzler
okay..... so if that's the tabStyle you need you can't delete the tab.