function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gliugliu 

Re-style default salesforce apps?

I've done enough research to suspect the following is not possible, but thought I'd check here first before performing major customizations.

Does anybody know if there is a straightforward way to replace the default salesforce page css with custom ones? For instance, if I wanted to completely re-style the case 'edit' page. I'm looking for a nice cofiguration field somewhere that lets me say "use this css instead of salesforce css". Thus far, the best way I can see to re-style things significantly is a custom visualforce page that overrides the actions/links/buttons that looks something like so:

<apex:page showHeader="false" standardStylesheets="false" standardcontroller="Case"> <apex:stylesheet value="your own css here"/> ....... Recreate the edit page for cases here ......

But that involves recreating many of the standard pages, which is non-trivial for everything but detail pages.

Thanks in advance for the input,

Grant

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jwetzlerjwetzler
That's the way you have to do it for now.  I would log an idea to the Idea Exchange if this is something you'd like to see.