function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kamran-RaoKamran-Rao 

Display a Visual Force page within a Form

Hi,

I have a multi line editor and the first column of the editor is a commandLink named Show Detail. My specific

requirement is that when user clicks on the Show Detail, link another page with the link "https://cs2.salesforce.com/apex/TestPage?id=a1ZR00000008koK" should open with in the current page in some page block or some form.

Can someone help me please.

Regards,
Rao

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Kamran-RaoKamran-Rao

I have solved the problem another way. However I am thankful to you for your idea, because based on that I have been able to solve the problem.
Also I would be interesting if you can give me some more details of you solution.

Rao 

Here goes my code:

<apex:pageBlock title="PRF" id="pixelReqPageBlock"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!PixelReq}" var="aReq" id="tbl"> <apex:column headerValue="History" id="hisTrack"> <apex:commandLink value="History" reRender="histIFrame"> <apex:param name="pixelReqID" value="{!aReq.id}"/> </apex:commandLink> </apex:column> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Iframe History PRF" id="histIFrame"> <apex:iframe id="theframe" src="www.pt.com/t?Page?id={!$CurrentPage.parameters.pixelReqID}" /> </apex:pageBlock>

All Answers

wesnoltewesnolte

Hey

You would have to use an iframe and set the 'target' attribute on the outputLink to the name of the iframe e.g.

<apex:outputLink target="theframe" ... />

<apex:iframe id="theframe" />

Cheers,

Wes 

Kamran-RaoKamran-Rao

Wesnolte,

Thanks for your help, I have tried this way but it is not working

Rao

<apex:outputLink target="theframe"> Show Inline History </apex:outputLink> <apex:pageBlock title="History" id="histIFrame"> <apex:iframe id="theframe" src="https://cs2.salesforce.com/aZR00000008kooMAA" frameborder="true" /> </apex:pageBlock>

Message Edited by Kamran-Rao on 06-19-2009 05:15 AM
Kamran-RaoKamran-Rao

I have solved the problem another way. However I am thankful to you for your idea, because based on that I have been able to solve the problem.
Also I would be interesting if you can give me some more details of you solution.

Rao 

Here goes my code:

<apex:pageBlock title="PRF" id="pixelReqPageBlock"> <apex:pageBlockTable value="{!PixelReq}" var="aReq" id="tbl"> <apex:column headerValue="History" id="hisTrack"> <apex:commandLink value="History" reRender="histIFrame"> <apex:param name="pixelReqID" value="{!aReq.id}"/> </apex:commandLink> </apex:column> </apex:pageBlock> <apex:pageBlock title="Iframe History PRF" id="histIFrame"> <apex:iframe id="theframe" src="www.pt.com/t?Page?id={!$CurrentPage.parameters.pixelReqID}" /> </apex:pageBlock>

This was selected as the best answer