function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dperkinsondperkinson 

Attach Existing Document to E-Mail in Visualforce Page E-Mail Template

The ability to generate and attach a .pdf document to an e-mail generated by an Visualforce Page e-mail template is fairly straightforward using the <messaging:attachment renderAs="pdf"> capability.  However, this method generates a .pdf file from whatever is contained between the <messaging:attachment> and </messaging:attachment> tags.

My problem is that I already have a .pdf document stored in a Documents folder in SFDC and I want to automatically attach that document to an e-mail generated by a Visualforce Page template without the user having to go through the  the document selection and attachment process.  I don't want to have to re-generate the document, just attach it.

Any ideas?

eric_deveric_dev

Hi dperkinson,

Did you find a solution for that issue?

i have the same problem.

Thank you

MKIMKI

I have a similar problem - a custom object with a pdf attachment. The task is to send an email to the main contact including the attached pdf.

Any ideas or hints?

MSSBMeghanMSSBMeghan
I'm working on a similar issue right now related to the contracts object - shooting out an attached PDF that is specific to each contract.  Would love any thoughts/suggestions that people may have on how to make this work.