function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
krazekimmykrazekimmy 

Mass upload activity to lead - using Mac/Salesforce.com professional version

I'm looking to mass update activity history to a list of leads and contacts. Ideally, I want to use the lead or contact email address as the unique identifier then add an entry to activity history based on the information below in mass.

Example CSV:

Email Address, Marketing Email Delivered: <title>, Date

I'm on a Mac OS X (10.5.5) and am using Saleforce.com Professional version. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Kimberly

Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)

While you say you want to mass update activity history, it sounds like you want to mass create activity records.

The challenge is relating the activity records to the appropriate lead or contact. To do this you must populate the WhoId field of the activity record. The most straight forward approach would be to use the data loader to download the Id and email address of all your Contacts and Leads and combine the files. You can then use something like a vlookup function in Excel to find the Lead or Contact Id that your activity record should be attached to by matching the email addresses. Put the Id value into the WhoId column of the activity and then upload the activities using the data loader. You'll need to populate any other required columns in the Activity record before performing the upload.

This would be easy to automate using the API and a little bit of code, but, last I heard, the Professional Edition doesn't support API access.

Park

lavanlavan

how can i identify the activity record id

lavanlavan

Through programatically like soql statement for wat i asked