function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dschargeldschargel 

Can't download Documents with Safari - "Download Expired" bug?

According to SFDC Support, I'm not the only one getting this, but I've never seen anyone here post anything about this. It seems that with Macintosh OS X Safari (3 or later) users cannot download Documents to their local disk. Clicking "Click here to view this file" results in a "Download Expired - This file download has expired. Please try again."

Salesforce Support says to use Simon's sffs, which is not a good solution for most end-users. Is this happening to others? Any other solutions (besides using another browser)? :-)

David 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
dschargeldschargel

Simon & all,

It seems like this bug has been fixed with the Summer '09 Release. No one here is having any problems since NA6 was upgraded!

David 

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell
Is this with regular documents, or documents in saleforce content ?, I just tried the regular documents tab with safari 3.2.1 on OSX 10.5.6, and it was able to download docs fine. Do you have a case # from support ?
dschargeldschargel
Thanks for taking the time to help out with this. The issue is with regular Documents on an Enterprise instance on NA6 (though Salesforce Content IS active for us, we don't use it). I'm also using the standard Documents tab with Safari 3.2.1 (5525.27.1) on OSX 10.5.6. The Salesforce Case was #02510482.

David

dschargeldschargel

I should also point out that there are no InputManagers or Internet Plug-Ins enabled AND it happens on multiple Macs. That's why I assumed others would see same problem. Could it be my instance?

David 

MSalkovickMSalkovick

I've experienced this issue recently while trying to create links in the sidebar to documents in the Documents folder. Works fine from VMWare/IE, but I get the error you described above when trying the same thing from the Mac/Safari/Firefox.

- Mike 

dschargeldschargel

FWIW, problem still happens with OS X 10.5.7. Even tried Safari Version 4 Public Beta (5528.17) and still a no go.

Simon, do you have any thoughts?

David 

SuperfellSuperfell
I haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet.
dschargeldschargel

Simon & all,

It seems like this bug has been fixed with the Summer '09 Release. No one here is having any problems since NA6 was upgraded!

David 

This was selected as the best answer
cfrasecfrase
I am having the same problem it just started today, the difference is it is happening in Internet Explorer 7. I tried opening the attached document with firefox and it worked. Any ideas, all my users use ie7.