function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RupBRupB 

SOQLXplorer - Teeny feature request

I find SOQLXplorer to be a fantastic tool.

At first, I wondered what it could be used for.

Now that I do dev work, I use it all the time. I never look at the API reference manual, I browse through the real model of my dev environment, presented by SOQLXplorer. I can then check/query/delete/update data in the same tool as the schema : so great !

What I would like (I know it must be there, somewhere, but I would like it to be more practical) is for the Schema view to display certain field features :

- read-only : maybe they could be in italics

- required : maybe they could be flagged by a '*'

- picklists : right-click to display accepted values

- mark keys somehow - and foreign keys 

- maybe a toggle option could be used to display/hide the data type of each field

Another extension could be to allow mass update of selected rows in the query view, by updating the selected rows with the same value for the field you wish to change.

Great tool !  Keep up the good work, updating the MacOS version !

Cheers,

Rup 

SuperfellSuperfell
Thanks, i'll put these on the todo list, however most of schema viewing ones are already available in the schema report view (right click on a sobject in the left hand source list and pick generate schema report).
RupBRupB
Simon,
Thanks for your answer.

SimonF wrote:
Thanks, i'll put these on the todo list, however most of schema viewing ones are already available in the schema report view (right click on a sobject in the left hand source list and pick generate schema report).

I am familiar with this feature, but for productivity, it would be really nice to improve the UI a little with my suggestions.

Cheers,
Rup