function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
michaelwhelchelmichaelwhelchel 

SF3 Syncing

Each time I sync, the Sync Alert comes up and notifies me that all my contacts will be Added, Modified, and Deleted.  If I have 1000 addresses, then it shows 1000 under the Add, Modify, and Delete columns when it should just show the new contacts.

Have I set it up improperly?

SuperfellSuperfell
Sounds odd, you could try reseting the sync history and re-syncing. (the reset button is in the preferences window)
Ron WRon W

I am having the same problem except it's with calendar items.  Each time a sync is completed I'm prompted to ad 800-some events to sales force, or resolve conflicts for events that have passed.  The birthday field seems to be duplicated with every sync.  I now have 20'some notices for each date in the Birthday field.

Thoughts? 

SuperfellSuperfell
What timezone are you in ?
Ron WRon W
Central time zone
Ron WRon W

Still getting large number calendar conflicts and doubling up on things like birthdates, also have error msg today:

Error occurred during sync process

Modal session requires modal window

SuperfellSuperfell
What version of SF3, and what version of OSX are you running ?
Ron WRon W

SF3 0.62

Mac OS X 10.5.8  

Ron WRon W
Any new thoughts on this.  I have 20 some entries on some calendar events.  It may center around "all day events" or dates coming from SF like the birth date field.
Ron WRon W
I also have Timed sync set to "never" and SF3 is still sync'ing on it's own schedule unless I'm missing something.  I now have some events duplicated more than 20 times....  need some help.
SuperfellSuperfell

In addition to the timed sync, It will sync when sync services tells it to sync, you can turn that off via the "join other sync sessions" in the options tab of the preferences.

SuperfellSuperfell
Is your OSX timezone set to the same TZ as your salesforce.com user ?
Ron WRon W

Yes, just double checked, both on Central time Zone.

Thoughts?

Ron 

Ron WRon W

Simon,

I still have this duplication issue, and it does appear to be events that are "all day".  I now have an event in November duplicated more than 30 times..

Thoughts?