function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AJFLAJFL 

Syncing single Address Book group with SF3?

Hi,

SF3 is excellent and does exactly what I want for ical

in that it puts all the items in a new group called

'salesforce.com'.

Is it possible to get it to do the same for Addressbook?

I have many personal contacts in my addressbook

that I don't want sync'ed to salesforce but I can't

work out how to keep them separate.

Thanks,
Adrian.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell
Sorry, this is not currently supported in SF3.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell
Sorry, this is not currently supported in SF3.
This was selected as the best answer
AJFLAJFL

Shame.  I'd happily pay for the tool if it did this. I love opensource but it seems strange to me that I need to pay SF $99 per month for each user,  but the free tools like yours are what makes salesforce usable and remain free. 

I think some of that $99 per month should go back to furthering these projects!  Perhaps it does.  I hope so.

Message Edited by AJFL on 11-18-2009 06:37 PM
jeffreyccharlesjeffreyccharles
Has there been any further investigation into making this possible. Its become crippling to my productivity. What can we do to help?
TyJenningsTyJennings
I also agree - this is necessary for my business and it's quite annoying to not have that level of control. I don't find Sf very mac/apple friendly at all. "Maildrop" is a haphazard band-aid at best and the lack if integration is (as someone above put it) crippling. two thumbs down on the lack of mac love.
SuperfellSuperfell

Have you looked at PocketMac for Salesforce ? I believe it supports syncing based on address book groups.

http://www.pocketmac.com/PocketMac_Backup_for_SalesForce.php

What do you find haphazzard about Maildrop ? and/or what would you like it to do that it doesn't?

Its 92 US dollars for a haphazard solution, where PC users have connectivity cost free OR its built into their salesforce annual fees. Would salesforce be willing to subsidize if we gave detailed feedback and enhancements and requirements for a useable tool?

Or, would the developers of SF3 be in a position to enhance their already working product?

As for Maildrop, I think it could be built into the UI in a much better way - the Daylite productivity suite has this figured out - its just that suite isn't cloud based.

SuperfellSuperfell

You have to take that up with your Account Exec.

Its on the todo list for SF3, but i don't have time to work on it right now, it is open source, so you're not tied to waiting for me to have time to work on it. 

There's no supported UI Extensions for Mail (or Entourage for that matter), there are unsupported way to inject code into mail, but these are troublesome (particularly if you want to use more than one at once), and Apple appears to be working its way through removing most of them. 

Thanks for the reply Simon, its appreciated.

I would be happy to invest the time to develop it, just don't have the knowledge or experience. I am a business person trying to create efficiency in my work. 

Please keep us up-to-date and perhaps make note that this is a priority for some who would greatly appreciate the impact the changes would have.

Thanks kindly.

Simon, just noted ... that pocketmac for Salesforce is only used for those with developer, enterprise or unlimited accounts.

Seems a touch out of wack. 

AldoZAldoZ

If you can't wait for SF3 to add this feature, check out our Riva Integration Server.  www.omni-ts.com 

With Riva, synching your Mac to Salesforce just got a lot easier.  Mac Entourage and Mac OS X 10.6 users can now get full and complete integration between Salesforce and their Mac. 

Riva provides server-side synchronisation between Salesforce and Exchange - no plug-ins required.  Because synching happens at the server level, Riva supports ALL Exchange clients including Mac Mail, iCal, Address Book, Entourage, Outlook Web Access, iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and other ActiveSync devices.  Riva provides full access to your Salesforce contacts, appointments, tasks, opportunities and cases directly on your Mac.  Riva's advanced SmartConvert, ConnectBar and AssignTo provide email archiving and direct email "drag-and-copy" opportunity creation.

http://www.omni-ts.com/crm-integration/
http://www.omni-ts.com/newsroom/entourage-crm-integration.html
http://www.omni-ts.com/newsroom/mac-crm-sync.html

And if you don't want to set up Riva on a machine in your environment, you can consume Riva Live SaaS in the Cloud.  
https://www.rivasync.com

Best regards,

Aldo

--
Aldo Zanoni
CEO, Managing Director
Omni Technology Solutions Inc.
The Integration Company
www.omni-ts.com

AirtonAirton

This feature would be great. 

Have you find a work around for that? 

I'm not syncing contacts yet with SF3 because I don't want them to be mixed up with my personal contacts. 

Regards,

Airton