function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
malinka22malinka22 

Maildrop: nothing is happening!

I've been using Maildrop with Salesforce for the past three months. It's been a great way to use Salesforce from a Mac. I love all the features, and the ease of use. However, that was until yesterday. Yesterday I pulled up Maildrop to add some emails I'd sent out, and when I click the add mail button nothing happens. The button itself looks like something is happening, but then no other windows ever appear. And, when I check the contacts and opportunities, there is also no email added. Only the floating button bar is opening right now. I've tried reinstalling it, but that didn't seem to work. Anyone got any ideas on what I need to do next?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RevJoelRevJoel
2.2. It is working today, however. I had rebooted and it is now working. That may have been the solution all along. Thanks.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell
See whats in the console log (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app)
malinka22malinka22

I found this over and over:

2010-01-14 09:37:27.686 Maildrop[338] scriptFile is /Applications/Maildrop.app/Contents/Resources/entourage scripts/Add Email to Salesforce.com.scpt
2010-01-14 09:37:29.958 Maildrop[338] script error during executuion (/Applications/Maildrop.app/Contents/Resources/entourage scripts/Add Email to Salesforce.com.scpt) {
    NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "An error of type -1 has occurred.";
    NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Microsoft Entourage got an error: An error of type -1 has occurred.";
    NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -1;
    NSAppleScriptErrorRange = <00000490 00000014 >; 

What do I do?

RevJoelRevJoel

I am experiencing a similar issue. Here is what I found in the log:

3/31/10 11:55:24 AM Maildrop[1959] script error during executuion (/Applications/Maildrop.app/Contents/Resources/mail scripts/Add Email to Salesforce.com.scpt) {

NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Mail;

NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Can\U2019t get mail attachment id \"3.2\" of message id 31031 of mailbox \"Case Emails\".";

NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Mail got an error: Can\U2019t get mail attachment id \"3.2\" of message id 31031 of mailbox \"Case Emails\".";

NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = -1728;

NSAppleScriptErrorRange = NSRange: {1544, 9};

Anyone have clues??? 

SuperfellSuperfell
What version of maildrop, and what version of OSX are you using?
RevJoelRevJoel
2.2. It is working today, however. I had rebooted and it is now working. That may have been the solution all along. Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer