function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
timrnicholstimrnichols 

Radio Button tweaking

Hi, 

I have a radio button table in VF and I want to flip it to where it is lined up vertical. 

Here is the code: 

<apex:dataTable value="{!category.questions}" var="question" id="questionList" width="1000px" rowClasses="odd,even" cellPadding="3px;" border="0"> <apex:column > <B><apex:outputText value="{!question.Assessment_Question_Template__r.Question_Text__c}" /></B> </apex:column> <apex:column colspan="4"> <apex:selectRadio style="width: 100%" border="0" id="radioTable" value="{!question.Value__c}" disabled="true"> <apex:selectOption itemValue="1" itemLabel="1" /> <apex:selectOption itemValue="2" itemLabel="2" /> <apex:selectOption itemValue="3" itemLabel="3" /> <apex:selectOption itemValue="4" itemLabel="4" /> <apex:selectOption itemValue="5" itemLabel="5" /> <apex:selectOption itemValue="6" itemLabel="6" /> <apex:selectOption itemValue="7" itemLabel="7" /> </apex:selectRadio> <script> var radioTable = document.getElementById("{!$Component.radioTable}"); var el = radioTable.getElementsByTagName("TD"); el[0].style.width = "175px"; el[0].align = "center"; el[1].style.width = "95px"; el[2].style.width = "95px"; el[3].style.width = "95px"; el[4].style.width = "95px"; el[5].style.width = "95px"; </script> </apex:column>

Ideallly, it would be <column> radio button <column> < text>  

<column> radio button < column> <blank>

<column> radio button <column> < text>

etc. 

Might be a silly question, but from what I've read about radio buttons is they can't be stacked like that.. is that true? 

Thanks in advance. 

T

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You can add the layout="pageDirection" attribute-value to have the radio items go down instead of across (the default mode). It would look something like this:

<apex:selectRadio value="{!mySelectedRadio}" layout="lineDirection"> <apex:selectRadio itemValue="1" itemLabel="1" /> <!-- other options --> </apex:selectRadio>

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You can add the layout="pageDirection" attribute-value to have the radio items go down instead of across (the default mode). It would look something like this:

<apex:selectRadio value="{!mySelectedRadio}" layout="lineDirection"> <apex:selectRadio itemValue="1" itemLabel="1" /> <!-- other options --> </apex:selectRadio>

This was selected as the best answer
timrnicholstimrnichols

It worked, I went as far as using CSS to try and align it... I should download the VF developer guide. ;)

ShikibuShikibu

I have a multi-select picklist with 33 items. Our users are not at all fond of the standard multi-select user interface. I used this technique to convert it into a selectRadio, vertically oriented, but it is too long vertically. I'm wishing for a way to display the selectOptions in multiple columns.

Is that possible?  

deepu.sandeepdeepu.sandeep

can i get spaces between radio buttons in horizontal direction.

suggest me how to do dat.

Thanks in Advance.

unidhaunidha
<apex:selectRadio itemValue="1" itemLabel="1" />

will return you the error. Use  
<apex:selectOption itemValue="1" itemLabel="1" />