function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CliffordClifford 

Visualforce page not rendering on standard layout in edit mode

I have a VF page that calls a controller extension...when I place the VF page on a standard page and layout, it appears when the standard page is in view mode.  When the standard page goes to edit mode, the VF page section no longer renders.

I have tried exposing properties on the controller extension to set the "rendered" property of pageBlocks, but have not been successful.

Can someone explain the best way to show a VF page on a standard page when the standard page is in edit mode?

Thanks

Message Edited by Clifford on 03-28-2009 05:23 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
JimRaeJimRae
This option is currently not supported.  Check the idea exchange and cast your vote for this excellent enhancement!

All Answers

JimRaeJimRae
This option is currently not supported.  Check the idea exchange and cast your vote for this excellent enhancement!
This was selected as the best answer
OdedHarnivOdedHarniv

Hi

I ran into the same problem.

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved in recent releases?

Thanks

Oded

gshahgshah

Is there a reason as to why this isn't supported?  I'm trying to create a type of calculator that CSRs will use while editing cases.  To not be able to render in-line VF pages on a standard layout in edit mode is a serious short-coming.  Any ideas as to when this will be resolved/added?