function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gv007gv007 

file upload feature in spring 09

Hi Anybody know fileupload feature in vf please give some link that will help me.
SteveAnderson41SteveAnderson41
In the component reference, look for inputFile (that link should take you right to it).  The topic includes an example of how to use it.
gv007gv007

Steave I know about inputting tag .I believe you dot know about the limitation of it it only accept 100kb .I ready some thing about fileupload feature it will give upload upto 10MB am searching for that?

Thanks for the solution but it is not accepted one.

TehNrdTehNrd
Where in the documentation does it say it can only accept a file that is 100KB or less?
Ron HessRon Hess
100kb is the string size limit, not the file upload size limit.
gv007gv007

Ron ,

What is the filesize limitation.here is my example code .

Geting the Document from desktop in to salesforce. <apex:outputLabel for="postFileId" value="1. Select File to upload :"/> <apex:inputFile contentType="{!fileContentType}" id="postFileId" fileName="{!fileName}" fileSize="{!fileSize}" value="{!fileBlob}" required="true"/>

when using it 128kb limitation error. Sending the Document using HttpClass:(multipart implementation) String content = 'Content:\r\n--' + boundary + '\r\nContent-Disposition:form-data;name="' + p_fileName + '";filename="'+p_fileName+'"\r\n'; content +='Content-Type:' + p_fileContentType + ',charset=ISO-8859-1\r\n'; content +='Content-Transfer-Encoding:binary\r\n\r\n'; System.debug('content ' + content); content += p_fileBlob.toString()+'\r\n';// here i am geting 100kb and 10 calls limitation content += '--'+boundary+'--'; m_URL = p_URL + '&sessionid=' + session id; Http m_http = new Http(); HttpRequest req = new HttpRequest(); req.setEndpoint(m_URL); req.setHeader('Content-Type','multipart/form-data;boundary='+boundary); req.setMethod('POST'); req.setBody(content);

So what is the solution for it sending data atleast 5mb via server side.we implmented it using s-control the limitation od sending data is hight but we want implement it in server side we have lot limitation ,waht is the solution for it,please can give some comment on it ,it is one of critical issue in our application.

Thanks & Regards

Gopi

SuperfellSuperfell
The limitation is in HttpRequest. If you have the blob server side already, why are you trying to round trip it through a VF page. what's you actual end goal ? 
gv007gv007

My end goal is i want send documents or data into a third party application past one month am working on it but because of this limitation am not get any break. atleast i want send 5mb data,can u tell where i did mistake.

Thanks & Regards

Gopi

SuperfellSuperfell
You won't be able to do this by trying to push the data from apex code, you'll need to pull it from salesforce using the regular enterprise or partner APIs.
gv007gv007

Can explain about the enterprise and partner API .

How I can get permission to access these two APIs,Thanks for yours quick reply.

SuperfellSuperfell
Api access is included as part of EE, UE & Developer Edition accounts. See the API docs for details