function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jttacj1jttacj1 

Visualforce Mobile Performance Issues on BlackBerry

I have been working to expose a process using Visualforce Mobile on BlackBerry.

I found that initial load performance (presumabaly due to a login process) is very bad.

For testing I created a Visualforce page and set the showHeaders and standardStyles options to false.  Thus the page that is returned is very basic consisting of just the default content for a new Visualforce page.

Even with this various page I found that initially opening the Visualforce page by selecting the Visualforce tab from the mobile client is very slow (i.e. 60+ seconds).

It is interesting to note that selecting the refresh option from the menu while in the Visualforce tab on the mobile device reloads the page in less than 5 seconds.

Further the problem persists even if I enable the WiFi option on my BlackBerry.

Using the same WiFi connection the same Visualforce page loads instantly on my PC.

Any ideas why the initial connect would take so long?

Anyone sucessfully using the Visualforce Mobile option for BlackBerry?

Thanks!

James

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
b.db.d
I'm having basically the same problem (I believe) with the Blackberry- can you give a little more detail on how you hand-coded around it? I realize it was a while ago now...

All Answers

jttacj1jttacj1

I found an explanation for my issue in ideas.

The root cause seems to be the viewstate variable passed back by the apex:form tag.

Apparently BlackBerry can't handle it for one reason or another.

I have been working on a work around hand coding everything but have bumped into issues with DML.

James

b.db.d
I'm having basically the same problem (I believe) with the Blackberry- can you give a little more detail on how you hand-coded around it? I realize it was a while ago now...
This was selected as the best answer
knshivknshiv

Please can you tell me the solution because I am also facing the same problem. The performance on Black Berry.

Thanks