function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brothe2000Brothe2000 

Tabbed Accounts from Cookbook - One user can't access

Professional Edition 32 Users

I created the standard "Tabbed Accounts" Visualforce page.  It works for everybody except One user gets this error:

'cases' is not a valid child relationship name for entity Account

I had the user log in on my computer, and they still got the error.  

We are Professional Edition customer, we only have "Standard User" and "System Admin" users.  We don't have any additional ability to set profiles and all of our access is standard across the board.  Sys Admins and Standard users can all view the tabbed account view except for the one user.

Am I missing something?  I've attached the code here:

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabStyle="account" ><style> .activeTab {background-color: #236FBD; color:white; background-image:none} .inactiveTab {background-color: lightgrey; color:black; background-image:none}</style> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="tabdetails" id="AccountTabPanel" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab"> <apex:tab label="Account Info" name="AccInfo" id="tabAccInfo"> <apex:detail relatedList="true" title="true"/> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Contacts" name="Contacts" id="tabContacts"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Contacts" /> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="AccountContactRoles" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Opportunities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Activities" name="Activities" id="tabAct"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" /> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="ActivityHistories" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Cases" name="Cases" id="tabCases"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Cases"/> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Docs/Notes" name="Documents" id="tabDocs"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Contracts" name="Contracts" id="tabContract"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="contracts" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel></apex:page>

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Brothe2000Brothe2000

Salesforce Support helped me out on this one!  Apparently the one user that wasn't able to view it had in their Personal Settings changed the pages that would display for them which caused an error to be thrown.  When they customized the personal related lists to not show Cases, my tabbed Visualforce page "broke".  We reset the pages that he can view and now all is good.

To customize your personal related lists, please do the following:

1. Click on:

Setup | Personal Setup | Personal Information | Change My Display.

2. Select the tab you would like to customize.

3. Move the desired values from 'selected' (what is currently displayed) to 'available' (what is available for display but not currently displayed) or vice versa by clicking on the value and then selecting 'add' or 'remove'.

4. Click "Save".

Your related lists will now appear in the order in which you arranged them.