function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
smagee13smagee13 

Save error: Index: 0

Im receiving the following error when attempting to save the following VisualForce page.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  Im stumped.

Thanks in advance

VF Page

<apex:page controller="editNewProjectExt" sidebar="false" showheader="false"> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock title="Edit new project information" id="newproj" mode="edit"> <apex:pageBlockSection columns="2"> <apex:outputLabel value="Project Name"/> <apex:inputField value="{!myProject.Name}"/> <apex:outputLabel value="Account" /> <apex:inputField value="{!myProject.Account__c}" /> <apex:outputLabel value="Original Completion Date" for="OCDInput"/> <apex:inputField id="OCDInput" value="{!myProject.Original_Completion_Date__c}"/> </apex:pageBlockSection> <apex:pageBlockButtons > <apex:commandButton action="{!saveChanges}" value="Save" /> <apex:commandButton action="{!getupdCaseList}" value="Update Cases" /> </apex:pageBlockButtons> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> </apex:page>

Controller

public class editNewProjectExt{ Project_KA__c myProject; integer dayOffset = 0; date OCD=date.Today(); // Orginal completion date of new project date TCD=date.Today(); // Target completion date of new project, stores the user input from VF page on new orginal completion date List<Case> myCaseList; private final ApexPages.StandardController controller; public editNewProjectExt(ApexPages.StandardController controller){ this.controller = controller; myProject = (Project_KA__c)controller.getRecord(); myProject = [select Id, Name, Account__c, Target_Completion_Date__c, Original_Completion_Date__c from Project_KA__c where Id = :myProject.Id]; } // Getter public Project_KA__c getmyProject() { return myProject; } // Save method public pagereference saveChanges() { // myProject.Original_Completion_Date__c=OCDVF.Original_Completion_Date__c; update myProject; PageReference pageRef = new PageReference('/' + myProject.Id); pageRef.setRedirect(true); List<Case> myCaseList = getupdCaseList(); return pageRef; } // Calc new days public List<Case> getupdCaseList(){ if(myProject.Id<>Null){ myCaseList = [select Id, Date_Du__c, Internal_Date_Due__c from Case where Project__c = :myProject.Id]; // Set date veriables OCD= myProject.Original_Completion_Date__c; TCD= myProject.Target_Completion_Date__c; OCD=date.Today(); // loop through and update case details system.debug('OCD = '+OCD); system.debug('TCD = '+TCD); dayOffset = OCD.daysBetween(TCD); system.debug(dayOffset); for(Case myCaseListItem:myCaseList) { Case newCase = myCaseListItem; newCase.Date_Du__c = myCaseListItem.Date_Du__c + dayOffset; newCase.Internal_Date_Due__c = myCaseListItem.Internal_Date_Due__c + dayOffset; upsert newCase; } //for loop } // myClaseList select return null; // do not return anythign out of this method PageReference('/?id='+myProject.Id); } // getmyCalseList method } // For the class

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ryanhcaryanhca
You're probably going to feel as silly as I did when I found (or was told) the problem...

Your page is using a custom controller. The custom controller constructor doesn't take the ApexPages.StandardController as an argument. Remove that (and references to it) and you'll be fine.

All Answers

ryanhcaryanhca
I've gotten the exact same error on a much much simpler VF page.

I spoke to a pretty high up developer contact of mine at SFDC and he said it looked like a VF bug. I've opened a ticket on it and expect to hear back today. I'll let you know what I find out.
smagee13smagee13
Thanks, please do...
dsiernestdsiernest

I am also seeing this problem - the controller is about the simplest you can possibly have, and the page simply references the controller - no content. It seems to be adding the controller to the page that causes the problem in my case:

<apex:page controller="StoreAppointmentController"></apex:page>

public class StoreAppointmentController { // The extension constructor initializes the private member // variable acct by using the getRecord method from the standard // controller. public StoreAppointmentController(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) { } }

ryanhcaryanhca
You're probably going to feel as silly as I did when I found (or was told) the problem...

Your page is using a custom controller. The custom controller constructor doesn't take the ApexPages.StandardController as an argument. Remove that (and references to it) and you'll be fine.
This was selected as the best answer
dsiernestdsiernest
That was it, thank you!
rforcerforce

As I wanted to keep the constructor that receives the standard controller as a parameter, the more convenient solution was creating a constructor which receives no parameters.

It solved the problem as well. 

Message Edited by rforce on 09-27-2009 05:13 AM