function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FadiShamiFadiShami 

Latest iOS SDK does not allow me to set hardware version to 3.1.2

The only versions that i can see are 3.2, 4.0, and 4.1 - if i choose any of those the Saleforce app crashes. when i click on it, it just pops up for a second and disappears...

Anyone else facing this problem?

dman383dman383

yes, i noticed this was broken too.  it works if you swtich back to an older sdk running 3.x but not the newer one.  strange since the app still works fine on the phone but not the simulator.  crashes immediately upon opening.

AJBrewerAJBrewer

Are there any plans to release an updated version that doesn't crash on the 4.1 and 4.0.2 Simulators in the very near term?  Or should I try to hunt down an older version of the SDK from the shady areas of the Internet?  Kind of hard to find reputable sources hosting a nearly ~3GB file.  :(

AJBrewerAJBrewer

AJBrewer wrote:

Are there any plans to release an updated version that doesn't crash on the 4.1 and 4.0.2 Simulators in the very near term?  Or should I try to hunt down an older version of the SDK from the shady areas of the Internet?  Kind of hard to find reputable sources hosting a nearly ~3GB file.  :(

As it turns out, Apple still hosts older SDKs, you just have to know where to look.  See this thread here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=898518